Based on closing balance reports and key register reports of FPS, can we throw light on the FPS that may be diverting food grain meant for the poor and Identification of leakages in the Public Distribution System
The main problem that the team focused on was the identification of leakages in the Public Distribution System. For achieving this goal, they created visualizations that showed the deviations in the behaviour of ration shop owners who showed huge variations of leftover food grains in the shop across months. By using this visualization, the supply variations across shops can easily be spotted. Also, the correlation between Supply and Number of Ration Food Cards can be seen. This can be used by officials to find fraudulent practices and investigate these shops wherever required.
- Supply variations across shops
- Find the correlation between Supply and Number of Ration Food Cards.
- Variations of Leftover food grains in the shop across months
- Identifying the GPS location of the shops in the region. ( as per the data provided)
- Rules for identifying the shops which possibility of fraud occurrence is present.
- Reporting system for needy to report whether the shop is Open / Close